Top Social

Thought post: Life priorities

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Hi there. If you came across this post from one of my other posts or even from stalking me (paisieh for the perasan-ness but could be true ma! 😂), I would like to say thank you & sorry. 

Thank you for taking interest in my blog & supporting me in one way or another. And, sorry for not updating consistently. Yes most part of the reason is (as cliche & typical as it may be), I just lost motivation.

I guess at that period of time, my priorities in life changed. With my degree studies in Singapore & having to update my academic blog weekly (which btw you can read here), coming up with topics to write often led me to a halt. At some point, I was forcing out content, in which I am not proud of & is not what I stand for at all. 

Last night I had insomnia from drinking too much tea, which rarely ever happens. But it made me think about blogging again. About how much I miss it & how great it made me feel having people tell me that they love reading my blog & how meticulous I am with what I write. Even though I may not have thousands of views on every post nor am I super good in writing, I always want anything I write to be rich in content, hopefully helping someone out with my sharing even if it benefits just a few people. I was up till 4 am typing this draft on my phone, but it felt good. I felt alive & ecstatic again, in which I haven't felt like that in a long time. SG life made me feel so dead inside for 1.5 years hahaha!

With my first full time job since graduating coming up, I wonder if I will go MIA from blogging again if I start again now. Especially since I will literally have to create content & write a lot for my job. That's the thing about me, I tend to over think things too much & am too cowardly to take a step even if people around me know I can do it.

But hey, life is too short to worry too much about the things that may not necessarily happen. I may not know where my direction is at next year, next month or even tomorrow, but now, today I know that I still love sharing content & blogging about my experiences. I guess last time around blogging didn't work out too well with the weekly updates as I was all over the place, without any proper planning (which is so not me!) & no direction on the content I wanted to post, I was just all over the place. Some times I purposely head somewhere for the sake of updating my blog and forget to enjoy the moment, something I definitely wont want to happen again.

There were so many things I wanted to share & never got on to doing it, like my travel diaries (I was blessed to go on 4 trips within a year), some DIYs, recipes & other random stuff. If it's not too late, I would definitely do it all (#throwback!), which would be nice to read it again after a few years. This time, I'll do things differently. I'm not going to stress myself over a weekly update & any how produce something meh. This time I'll do it in my pace & enjoy every moment of it.

Note to present self, & maybe you who are reading...
"Never be too busy making a living that you forget to make a life for yourself."

Find what makes you happy & just do it. 

Post Comment
Post a Comment