Top Social

Dolly Dimsum & Black Bull @ Avenue K

Sunday 19 July 2015
Callin' all dimsum lovers! Okay, this is kind of a pricey dimsum place compared to other neighbourhood dimsum places but how can you say no to good food & a great environment?! OK la, if you're craving for dimsum & is in desperate need to update your Instagram, DOLLY DIMSUM IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! <3 It's a HALAL dimsum restaurant at the Ground floor of Avenue K which somehow shares the same entrance as Fresca Mexican Dining which is kind of weird. ahaha Scroll down to see why it's such a nice place for photos!


* * *


It opens at 11am so if you want to get a photo like mine without any people there, be sure to go in at that time! ;)


Look at it! I just have this strange love for lots of windows & a glass canopy. Oh & that colour scheme is just too cute!



My dry tired eyes & hungry face x.x


Salad Prawn Dumpling - RM9.90 *if not mistaken

This was the first to arrive. Wooo salad prawn dumplings are just a must order in every dimsum restaurant. This one however was alright, a bit too oily & I've had better.



Clockwise : Siew Mai, Thai Style Prawn Parcel, Salad Prawn Dumpling (RM9.90-RM12.90)

I don't really remember the price for all these & the website doesn't even show it but I remember that the prices were around RM10 or more per plate. Siew mai was alright (also, had better because I'm a siew mai lover & tried many before.), the Thai Style Prawn Parcel I super loved that! I guess I really like thai sauce & stuff. :)


Loh Mai Gai *spot it beside the teapot* - RM9.90

Now this was the best I've had so far! Too bad no close up photo for it because it wasn't really that photo worthy but it sure is taste buds worthy! The glutinous rice was soft & sticky, some may not like it being a bit softer than the usual ones, but I love soft soft food so I found it really nice. Plus, it was so packed with flavour as though it has been cooked for a long time. They were super generous with the huge mushroom & loads of chicken meat. I would definitely rate this one 5 stars! <3 It's just too good!! Also, it doesn't have chinese sausage which normal loh mai gai does & I never liked that so this was really perfect for me!


The teapot was just too pretty not to snap!

Overall the food was pretty good. If I were in town area & was craving for dimsum, I would go there again! But next time I will go with more people so we can order more! I so wanna try the Royal Golden Fried Rice that has prawns & ebikko! OK... Next round..


After our yummy lunch, my friends & I went for bowling at Black Bull @ Avenue K for our Co-curiculum subject. You guys should really go there if you want to chill out with friends & play some snooker or bowling because it's quite a private place & really great for hangouts! 


Located at level 3 beside the Avenue K steps, Black Bull occupies around 3 shop lots which makes it pretty spacious!


Bowling area in a restaurant?! So cool lo. Absolutely suitable for bowling beginners like myself because the alley is slightly shorter than those regular bowling alleys.


We are the early birds waiting for the rest to come.


GO TEAM ! <3 The shoes also damn cute lor.




Group photo!
from left to right: Darlene, Rynn, Me, le bf & Eddie.


Macam yes tapi bukan.


It was pretty fun when everyone came & we all played. 

We were the first ones to leave as we started our 2 hour game early. I didn't expect myself to even do well in it but we all did surprisingly good! This is a definite place I'd go back to again for chillin', entertainment & food! They serve really nice cheesy wedges & I must go eat it again!! Sorry, cheese lover here. :D Next time, I'll be sure to play snooker as well!



Avenue K Shopping Mall
156 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
*in case you've never been to AK*
Post Comment
Post a Comment