Top Social

Wanderlust @ SOHO KL

Saturday 25 July 2015
Hello guys! Since I have some free time here while waiting for my photos to be resized, I'm going to blog about a cafe review that I visited around 2 weeks ago called Wanderlust which is at Soho KL! Okay bare with the iphone camera photos harr... xD Oh ya, I mentioned about resizing my photos previously right, apparently you can only have a maximum of 1GB content on your home page, that's why my homepage has been only displaying like 1 or 2 posts.. -.-ll Argh! That really pissed me off because I really want the homepage to have like at least 6 posts so it wouldn't look so empty! Ah wells, the more posts there is, the longer a page takes to load. So I shall resize all the photos that I'm posting next time.. ;( Anyway, here comes the not so HD photos la. :P


* * *





The interior looks so classy french feel doesn't it? Or maybe it's the chairs hahaha! But this place really is a nice place for chillin'!


Ordered chamomile tea because the dish I ordered is kind of creamy so I didn't want to feel uneasy after eating it.


Another photo just because the tea packaging is so cute & I just love the flowers!! I think they're called baby's breath. What a name though.. xD


This is what the outside seating area looks like. Somehow I think that it doesn't really match the super vintage french feel inside though.. ahahah but it's still simple & nice!


I absolutely love this view! & the shine of the light through water & glass! SO SMART!


Light + Glass + Water just creates a whole new effect to light reflections. I'm just a fan of this!


Anyway, there's le bf being cropped from the photo.. ahahah! He ordered a big breakfast & I didn't snap a pic of it because well, everyone knows how it looks & he was really hungry & just started eating already... hahaha! But if you love hash browns, you should try theirs! SUPER YUMMY & NOT OILY! OK la. You do need oil to fry it but somehow they made it less oily & when you eat it, you won't taste much of the oil which was great! Most of the time you just get greasy hash browns which just gets you feeling guilty after eating because of all that oil, but this one doesn't! Although it's also fattening but no guilt wor! :P 

Okay so thats mine! Tiger prawn linguine - RM30 *if not mistaken*
I was expecting frozen prawns & super creamy pasta but this wasn't frozen prawns of super creamy pasta!! The prawns were fresh which is really rare to find because nowadays most restaurants just give you frozen ones. The other thing is, the pasta tasted really unique! Nothing like anything I've tried because it was a combination of creamy & slight cheesy sauce, with a tinge of curry leaves taste & salted egg yolk! Nope this isn't a typo! Salted egg yolk & pasta??? Yes! A combination I never imagined or heard of, but when I tried it, it was just da bomb! The balance was super nice, not overly creamy type where you get fed up after 3 bites, & there were some zucchini or was it cucumber to balance the creaminess which was a great addition. Just loved it & the serving was just right! Okay la, might be a bit big for others but just right for a big eater like me! xD
Hehe. The insta worthy shot. Overall I loved this place & would definitely come again soon! Good food, good service & good atmosphere! Definitely not one of those cafes that only just serve good coffee but the food is crap. Not pointing at any particular cafe but Wanderlust really redefined the perception on cafes not serving good food.



Post Comment
Post a Comment