Top Social

Forever 21 x Raffles KL PreFall "Back-to-School" campaign !

Friday 4 September 2015

Hello peeps! <3 If you've noticed my social media posts lately on my Instagram & my Facebook, you'll probably notice that I kept mentioning or hashtaging #RafflesxF21 or #Forever21MY. Well, the day of the event finally arrived and not sure if we felt excited or relieved that we were so done with that campaign as we had to do PR & Media work that will be graded on that day. Well, I'm just  so glad that's done. Anyway, I was quite surprised that the event was quite lively and better than I expected because our lecturer never really mentioned the whole thing, we only knew what we had to do. So enjoy the photos guys! :)

* * *


Raffles staff setting up the DJ table and setting up the speakers for some good ol' music!


My lecturer sternly delegating people hahah! He's not as fierce as he seems in real life than in the photo la..


Our posters! We were separated into 3 groups of PR & media team and these were the end product of our posters.


The juniors in our course were in charge of the Visual Merchandising which in this case there wasn't any window display space so for them it was just dressing the mannequin! I so wished that I could do this... :(


Towards around 9:30am when more crew members arrived, we began setting up the booths under our infamous big tree! The tree isn't really super big but the shelter you get is big enough to shade you from Block A to Block B! Okay la, the distance isn't thaaat far but it's still a great shade!


Soon the mannequins were moved to the front alongside our posters! Fall-ish feel right? Even though Malaysia doesn't have the four seasons but I bet we all can so totally wear this out! You know where to get these clothes la.. (Forever 21)


Was kind of guilty for just snapping photos and not helping in filling in the tote bags, I went and helped along as well. Ahhh I've seen a lot of POPCULTURE magazines in cafes and I finally get to lay my hands on one myself! Just love the whole layout of this magazine and the fact that its made with thick paper and not the typical smooth thin ones that tear easily. The only bad thing was you can easily get paper cuts from them which I got it yesterday when filling up the tote bags.. :( Oh yea, the thing in the white envelope is actually a RM20 voucher from Forever21! I kinda wish we got something more special compared to everyone else since we helped out and did a lot of other things as well. But it's okay la, the experience was priceless.

P.S.: my lecturer told me to snap photos and shoot videos so technically I'm doing something :D


Tote bags! I thought the tote bags we'd get were the really cheap and thin kind like the ones in Cotton on that can easily rip apart but these were really thick and just the type I was looking for to put my laptop in when I bring it to college. *using one right now already!*The size was slightly smaller than regular canvas tote bags but fits my laptop perfectly! So happy that stole another one for my mum LOL


By the way, did you know that students get to recieve a 10% off when shopping at Forever 21 from Mondays to Thursdays? They never really put a sign about it and I only knew about it yesterday... >:(


Documenting myself helping out hahaha! *macam yes tapi bukan*
Ended up getting a paper cut which sucked and my mum always said that I'm just too "siew jie" (little missy) cuz most of the times when I'm asked to do something, I'll probably injure myself... Clumsy me from young until now I'm still as clumsy... xD


The real people that were actually REALLY helping hahaha!


More people REALLY helping out ahahah and I'm just here documenting them :D


The FOREVER21 people came over as well to help set up a photo wall to make this event come to life! What is an event without a photo booth or photo wall nowadays when technology and social media is literally in the realm of our hands? A sleep fest la obviously..


The juniors were also selling freedom wristband that had Korean words and symbols printed in the inner layer as well. First time seeing wristband with double prints leh! Kinda liked the inner print but too bad they were too loose for me.


Freedom :)


Me faking a candid shot pretending to be interested in the wristbands when they're totally not my type and not my size either :P


Darlene blocking my panaroma shot. Thanks :P


Finally at around 10:30, everything was perfectly set up and all set for the campaign! YAY!


Me, awkwardly standing beside the poster with me on the far right. Compare that photo and me in actual. Okay la I upload a clearer pic below.  


No photoshopping on both photos but man, with sunglasses I'm so chio, without it, I'm just so kiddo.. :( I really wish I looked more like my age sometimes..


Anyway, moving along! As you can see from backdrop of the first photo, you can see a part of the photo wall! So our job as the PR and Media group is in charge of approaching people and letting them know that once they've snapped and then uploaded a photo of them on Instagram with our photo wall and #Forever21MY, they're eligible of a tote bag that has a RM20 voucher and a POPCULTURE magazine! 1 upload per user so snap away while stocks last! 

Still don't get it ah? Okay la, step-by-step visuals for you :P


STEP 1: SNAP A PHOTO!
Group or individual, up to you but if you're snapping a solo pic you do look kind of lonely when everyone staring at you while waiting for their turn ahahah! Tip: when snapping this kind of photos, do it with your friends la, it's just more fun that way :P


STEP 2: UPLOAD IT ON INSTAGRAM & #Forever21MY!

STEP 3: SHOW THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE TO CLAIM YOUR TOTE BAG! :)

So so simple and easy and I also did one myself as well!


#squadgoals hahaha kidding. We are way way far from being a slight close to Taylor Swift's famous girl squad because none of us are eligible to be a model ahahah! okay except mummy Darlene who's more than 4 inches taller than the 3 of us.. >:(


Oi guys why so stiff la? Make me look like a silly one only.. :P


Horrible quality front camera iphone selfie is a must for these kind of photo walls! :P


Adele who came over to photobomb my photo hahah Sorry Adele, I chose this cuz I look cute here :P


Solo shot is a must! :D


Bae visited me even though he didn't have class and was having a flu plus sore throat. Awww can you see my super happy face while he's just so pale. :D


More people giving their go on the photo wall and even getting pictures with the lecturer.


Pretty coursemates snapping away!


Towards around 11am, we had to present our posters to the judges and trust me it was nerve wrecking because most of them are lecturers from other courses...


Me giving my best, presenting on behalf of my group. Even though we didn't get best poster and also knew that ours wasn't as nice compared to the others (super rushed work), we still took the whole project as a great learning experience. Was quite surprised that the Singapore Forever 21 marketing manager said my presentation was the best among the teams as I was super nervous and shaking throughout the whole thing hahaha! The job was only passed down to me minutes before we had to present as my friend wasn't loud enough to present her design.

Overall, this was a great learning experience and even though we didn't win, I was still happy in the end of the day. Sometimes you've got to lose some in order to learn from your mistakes, not repeat them again and do better the next time. :) It's actually quite hard for me to accept failure as I'm naturally a perfectionist which really breaks me sometimes but we all know that it is impossible for a person to succeed every single time. Just a message to myself and every other perfectionist like me to remember. 

Lastly, if you're interested in going to the Forever21 PreFall "Back-to-School" campaign, you still can! The campaign's last day is tomorrow at Forever21 Sunway Pyramid and 1Utama, view the pic below for the time!


Go join the fun! <3
Post Comment
Post a Comment