Top Social

Yellow Brick Road @ Bukit Damansara

Monday 31 August 2015
Happy Independence Day everyone! MERDEKA! As you all know, BERSIH 4.0 was held for two days before independence day itself. So since the main colour of BERSIH is yellow, I chose today to post about Yellow Brick Road. LOL because it has the word yellow in it mah. OK la anyway, I bet most of you have heard of Yellow Brick Road because it's a place where many famous bloggers have dined in before. I've always wanted to try it since the food just looks so good & well, I'm a foodie so... :P My boyfriend ate at Yellow Brick Road twice with his bros before he brought me which is so sad but yeah finally he brought me here to try it la. Finally... Anyway, if you love pancakes, you really should try this place because it has a wide selection of pancakes which all just sounds so yummy! We didn't try the pancakes because we were just too hungry and ordered other stuff instead.


* * *


"Built by dreamers for dreamers"
Okay so if you arrive during peak hours, you'll probably have to give you name & wait because it really will be a full house. Estimate waiting time probably around 25 mins max. 


The interior is decorated with retro decor along with a rustic wooden feel.


Look at the selection of pancakes! Really should try it the next time I come here again!


The bf's iced latte. To me iced latte tastes kind of like tea with milk and a tinge of coffee hahaha! Don't smack me if you're a coffee enthusiast la because I don't know how to grade good coffee at all.


The Impasta - RM23
The bf's dish arrived first & he ordered this! It's basically Aglio Olio pasta served with in-house chicken char siew slices and tasty marinated soy beans. I'm personally not a fan of char siew because  always felt like the reddish colour looked unnatural and just weird. But this dish really was an exception! Loved how an Asian dish blended in with Italian pasta! Just delish!


Look at the shimmer of the olive oil. Yum yum!


Balik Kampung - RM22
I ordered the Balik Kampung as I was super starved at the time. So Malaysian eh hahaha! Kind of regretted it because my bf brought me to a buffet for dinner & I couldn't eat much hahaha! Greedy me, when will I ever learn? Anyway, this dish is tumeric rice served with ayam percik, zesty mango salad on the sides & topped with a poached egg. I loved the overall dish as the mango salad really balanced the savoury dish keeping it interesting so you won't get full so easily. However, the only down side was that I wished there were more sauce on the chicken as I just love lotsa sauce ahaha! But it still is an absolutely delish dish!


Man, this is making me hungry!


Bae's satisfied look after a good meal :D


I just love this part of the restaurant! Wood and white tiles! Too pretty not to snap!


Our super nice waitress helped us get a great shot! She even replaced our flowers with a nicer one ahahah so cute.


She even got us to snap a photo at their front door. Probably so we can promote their restaurant ahaha :P Overall I would definitely come here again and try their famous pancakes and other stuff because all their dishes just seem unique and different from the typical ones. Yellow Brick Road is surely a place for good food, good ambiance and good service!


YELLOW BRICK ROAD
Address: 7, Jalan Batai, Bukit Damansara, 
50490 Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 3-2035 5922
Operating Hours:
Sunday - Thursday (9am - 5pm)
Friday & Saturday (9am -  4pm, 6pm -10pm)

Post Comment
Post a Comment