Top Social

The Red Beanbag @ Publika

Monday 28 September 2015


Hello guys! Supposed to be more productive in blogging since I'm having my semester break now but instead I'm even less productive as compared to before wth.. -.-ll Okay I guess it's my addiction to Sims that I can be on my laptop for god knows how many hours non stop which is super bad for my eyes... D: I just have a thing for interior deigning and stuff. Hmm.. I guess I should switch to majoring in ID lol JK xD I seriously cant. I just find designs online and TRY to recreating them but end up cincai putting all the windows. ahaha! Kays, back to the main topic! Wooo previously I talked about Metal Box @ Empire Damansara (READ HERE) right, and said I really should try The Red Bean Bag since it's from the same founder. Well I finally tried it yesterday & it was bombdiggidy! If you don't know what that means, read on! If you do, still read on & support a bit lar. :P


* * *


If you've never noticed RBB in Publika, it's actually at the outside area on the 2nd floor above Dr. Cafe Coffee.


If you come around peak hours *which is what I did*, waiting time is around 20-30 mins depending on the amount of people infront of you. I waited for a little less than 20 minutes which was a decent waiting time despite there being quite a number of people infront of me waiting.

Note: Do get a "number" (actually a card that has a pic & name of an item from their menu) & the staff will take you to your seat when the table is ready. I think this way is more fair for those who's been queuing first. Also, that tactic of putting a pic + name of an item from their menu is pretty smart to me. Makes people notice it and want to order it :)


The place is called The Red Beanbag what so beanbags hanging on the walls with red teddy bears is a must! So cute :D


Their brewing area is quite small but there lies the 2014 Malaysian Barista Champion leh! Gao siao. So obviously ordering their coffee is a must!


Their menu don't look like the typical book kind of menu and instead looks really "hamm choi" LOL. The menu I got what so darn faded I couldn't really read the description about the dish. 
RBB, please do something about that hahaha! Anyway, since we were starved so we just went ahead and ordered all their signature dishes!


Expresso - RM8
Okay so my dad ordered their expresso & it came in a super small cup and we were just kind of like "whut??" & well there's a spoon there so I'm pretty sure it was going to be beyond bitter. Which I was right. I'm not a coffee person but even though it was just so darn bitter, you still managed to taste the aroma of the coffee towards the end.


Salmon Chowder - RM16
This was new on the menu and I was quite intrigued to try it because you'd normally see soups like clam chowder and seafood chowder on the menu and rarely salmon chowder like ever. *maybe for me* So we decided to give it a go & it was totally worth 16 bucks !! The soup came in a perfect amount and there were bits of salmon in the soup in addition to the considerably big piece *for RM16* on top! I mean where can you get this for under RM20?! The soup was fragrant and delicious, loved the way the salmon was cooked because it wasn't fully cooked through which meant that the salmon was under cooked in the middle. Loved it a lot & me as a salmon lover has tried lots of good and not so good salmon, but this was a really good one! One in the top of my list of salmon dishes!! <3


Look at the salmon bits in the soup omg. Typing this already made my mouth watery!


Benedict III - RM26
I think it's called that because they've kept improving this dish? Idk but I think that this dish is already really perfect! The hollandaise is in the right thickness, the poached eggs cooked to perfection, french toast styled bun soft and not oily and everything else sauteed and blended together like BOOM. A perfect family. :D I have no clue what vege they put there but it's really good and worked really well in the whole dish! I just cant find any changes to make in this dish. It's just too good.


Look at it! Just look at it!! OMG.... Oh, you can choose either you want turkey ham or beef bacon for this and we chose beef bacon cuz it's BACON! :P


The Atlantic - RM25
Similar to the previous dish but with salmon instead and one toast had just veges while the other has just mushrooms. Just look at the perfection of this dish! This dish was also really good, but I still prefer the Benedict III better. I still do recommend this to salmon lovers!


Oh my gawd. Look at the yolk bursting!! Should have recorded this and turned it into a GIF.


RBB's Specialty Baked Eggs - RM22
Lastly, we've got RBB's specialty baked eggs which has eggs, sausages, beet, cheese, tomato sauce and toasts on the side. It literally tastes like pizza when you eat it with the bread. I just loved, loved LOVEDDD the beet. I actually thought I'd hate it *although I've never tried it*, but I loved it! I gues it's been in the sauce for a long time because you can just taste the sauce infused in the beet! OMG Just so damn gooooood! Too bad we were all pretty full if not I would have licked the plate lols.


OH MAIIII GOD THE CHEESE!!! <3


A day out equals an #ootd opportunity! Snapped at BlackBox Publika where Raffles College had their 37th Graduation Showcase! My turn will be next... D: So not ready...


Ending the post with Bae admiring him and his group mate's work :P

Overall, I had a really great and satisfying experience at The Red Beanbag and I can't wait to visit again when I crave for breakfast food! Even my dad who always eats chinese food and thinks cafe food is no good thinks RBB was really good! Just a tip, share you food with friends because you're going to want to try each other's dishes when the food comes! Also, only towards the last dish we realized that all our three main dishes had 2 eggs each, so it was just too much egg man. Even said, it was surely a great lunch and I really want to try the other food they offer!

P.S.: Go hover around my header! I added a new category called food because why not! :P Also I categorized the foodie places to PJ, KL, Cheras and Else where so you'll get to search for food reviews for those areas with ease! ;)

The Red Beanbag
Address: Block A4 1st Floor A4-1-08, Publika
Jalan Dutamas 1
Solaris Dutamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Phone: 03-62115116
Operating hours: 
Monday (CLOSED)
Tuesday - Friday (10am - 10pm)
Weekends (9:30am - 10pm)


Post Comment
Post a Comment