Top Social

To my best friend, cousie, partner in crime & sister for life

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Judging from the title of this post, you'll probably know it's a dedication post to my bestie. *if you're reading this, this one is for you :) hope you read it before you get on your flight :P*


I bet everyone has a best friend in their life and if you've got more than one then awesome for you! Having to spend time hanging out or in school, thus share everything from secrets to moments in growing up with your best friend is just a blessing and pure happiness. Every waking moment spent with them is just joy and that you just want time to slow down for awhile so you can reminisce or repeat that feeling all over again. That was what I got to share with my bestie, Sakai Xing Wei. *she calls me that too! :P* Most of us even wish or believe that we could be sisters from our past lives or even some how related with our best friend and lucky enough for me, I actually am somehow related with mine! Funny right? What are the odds that your best friend was actually a distant cousin of yours you never knew about? (Her grandma's sister married my grandma's brother) Rare. But that was what we shared and I guess it makes me feel even more like we were destined to be besties for life. :)


Of course, not everyday is happiness and sunshine with all things sweet and wonderful. Yes, there were some downs, arguments and misunderstandings throughout these 6 years being besties with her. But all the downs could be counted with a single set of hands because despite being two pretty different people, we share the same way of thinking. We can even communicate by just staring at each other and we can get what each other is thinking already. Talk about best friend superpowers! :P Even our "ji muis" in our gang just don't get our bond and how the heck we click so well which even I myself have no friggin' clue la. I guess we always take the time to listen to each others matter and don't fight about guys so that's like around 892034710 less arguments already. Okay la, we have different tastes in guys so... ahahah! A note to girls: no boy is worth ruining a great friendship but if that dude is really yours and your so called "bestie" doesn't stop fighting with you over him, then bye bye friend la xD


Anyway back to the topic! Even after all the ups and downs with her, we always held it together. Being truly best friends with someone, you really need to always look out for them, have each others back no matter what, be honest when we need to, patiently listen to each others problems, lend a helping hand or shoulder to cry on when needed and such. We did all that especially having each others back no matter what cuz whoever messed with either one of us, we'd fight back (in arguing) together and we were unstoppable *self-proclaimed lol*! I mean we have to had done something right since we are still standing strong today. I can say that without my bestie, I wouldn't be the person I am today. The high school years I've had was a roller coaster ride and had a bumpy start of me not realizing my hurtful actions towards the people around me, being quite lonely and left out not knowing why, but it was her who gave me a chance to change myself and be a better person. I guess it was the gesture of someone believing in me even after being an awful person led me to strive harder to change and be a better me. Thank you for believing in me and making the following years in high school were the best time of my life. *also must thank my other ji muis and everyone else that came in my life la :P*


We've been through a lot these 6 years of friendship and I've grown attached to her not just because she's my best friend but because she's someone that really knows and understand me like no one else and how can you ever replace that? You can't. Never imagined having someone so dear to me to leave for studying abroad as I probably never even wanted to even think of it at all. Nobody wants that, I don't want that, but it's for the best, it's for her brighter future. As for me, I will just be here supporting her no matter what, being that faithful friend since day one and waiting for her when she comes back. I will always remember the days we used to write our conversations in a book and passed it to each other everyday to write, my gosh, the book would be colourful and full of gossips. Also when we finish each other's sentences to help one another in mini "fights" we had with other people, that was pretty fun ahahah. To write down every great memory we've had would be totally insane because there were just too many great ones. I guess I'll just say that the memories we shared will be cherished and I just wish all the best to my dear bestie. I will truly miss you a lot.. :'(


Sad to see you go but it's for the best. :) 
Aisks.. I was literally sobbing and tearing up when typing this whole thing.. :/

Post Comment
Post a Comment