Top Social

KFC's Chizza review

Thursday 9 February 2017
Hey peeps! As you all know, I'm a huge pizza and cheese lover. When I heard that KFC was releasing this thing called Chizza (chicken + pizza), I was ecstatic to try despite not being a fan of KFC. I only ever have KFC for their cheesy wedges and always pay for extra cheese. So in case you missed the ad shared all over Facebook, here is how it looks.


Looks pretty convincing right? All chicken and there's ham, cheese and tomato sauce leh! The only thing that was a minus points for me was the pineapple. Please tell me I aint the only one who doesn't think pineapples belong on pizzas. 

And this is what it supposedly looks like. The crispt is quite exaggerated xia, which really gave me pretty high hopes for this. And there's 2 types of cheese somemore! I don't know about you but anything with cheese I'm for sure sold liao. 

If that still hasn't convinced you, how about this?

Photo credits: Herdaya Yunos

Anyway, I was quite eager to try it until this morning, I saw this pic and got a little disappointed with the size. Okay the promo pic was quite exaggerated to begin with because where got 100% chicken breast so big wan. But the stubborn me still went ahead to try it anyway.

Okay this is a mei tu xiu xiu-ed picture because I wanted the chicken to look like a heart, the ori picture is the one on the top.

MY VERDICT:

PRICE: $7.50 for a set with fries and drinks, pretty decent for 1 to 1 comparison. Of course if you convert it's quite pricey but just 1 to 1 it's alright.

SIZE: It's pretty much the size of my palm and I expected it to at least fit the box fully but from the first pic, you can see how lonely and depressing that looks.

TASTE: To me, the pineapple ruined it. But flavour wise, it's alright la. The chicken was way, WAY FAR from crispy. Actually it wasn't even crispy at all which was super duper disappointing because the picture gave me such high hopes. However, the chicken breast was surprisingly in a whole patty. I expected it to be mashed into like a burger patty and shaped into a heart but you can see the shreds of meat. Surprisingly the meat was NOT DRY AT ALL and pretty moist despite being fried. I guess this is what you get, either super fried, crispy but dry chicken breasts or moist ones but not crispy.

RATING: 5/10. Overall it was quite disappointing because the ad gave me such high hopes. But how big do you expect the patty to be if it's sliced right from the chicken and not minced right? I mean if it were minced, you probably don't know what kind of shit they put in there. So yeah, I was quite surprised they gave me a whole chicken breast, but it wasn't crispy at all which was such a waste. And, PINEAPPLES!! WHY!!! -.- I was going to rate this a 4/10 but plus points for its creative and catchy name. Chizza, like genius!

I think this is something you can try if you like all the ingredients there. It's not horrible or what, but just not well executed enough. Or better yet try to make this by yourself! :)
Post Comment
Post a Comment